Every day of September in Toowoomba will be a celebration, with the Carnival of Flowers stretching across the entire month with a range of events, including Petals and Pups 2021, a dog-friendly program dedicated to making happy hounds out of Toowoomba’s pups.
Traditionally a 10-day event, the festival has been extended to give people more time to frolic in the flora gardens, indulge to their liking and soak in the local area.
More than 190,000 blooms have been planted across the city, laying a blanket of colour over Toowoomba.
If you are thinking of attending with your pooch, Petals and Pups encompasses more than 20 dog-friendly activities and there are 27 off-leash parks, as well as dog friendly dining and accommodation scattered across the town.
There are even some specially designed itineraries to cater to your pups most particular tastes.
Cultured Canine Itinerary
- If a weekend of you and your furry friend exploring meticulously manicured gardens, amazing art and an indulgent lunch is making one or both of your ears perk up, this itinerary is for you. You’ll start exploring Toowoomba’s fascinating street art, visit Picnic Point and grab a selfie with the famous statue of ‘Puppy’, then grab a lunch before heading to the park and botanic gardens to keep the exploring going.
Pampered Pup Itinerary
- If both you and your dog enjoy the finer things in life, then enjoy them together, You’ll start with a puppuccino and cappuccino respectively, visit the doggie day spa and do some local luxe shopping, then the blooms of Laurel Bank Park will be waiting for you, perfect for some extra Instagram-ready shots.
Adventure Dog Itinerary
- If you’re ready for an adventure with your best friend, start by filling up with a big breakfast, then head for some bushland exploring at Garnett Lehman Park, then grab another quick snack before catching a sunset at Dr Alex Horn Park.
To make things even easier, here are some pet friendly place to eat in the area
- Bar Wunder – 424 Ruthven St
- Burrow Café – 117a Bridge St
- Gips Restaurant – 120 Russell St
- Ground Up – 501 Ruthven St
- Home Grown Health – 11 Railway St
- Milk & Honey Espresso – 6 Ann St
- New Brew Café – 102 Taylor St
- Pony Espresso Coffee Bar – 2a Bowen St
- Travellers Coffee House – 189 Hume Street
- The Finch – 469-473 Ruthven St
- Urth Café – 195 Hume Street
- Cafe Valetta – 96 Margaret St, Toowoomba
- Ortem Café & Events – 15 Railway St, Toowoomba
- Parkhouse Café – 92 Margaret St, Toowoomba
- Picnic Point Restaurant – 165 Tourist Rd, Toowoomba
- The Chocolate Cottage – 10475 New England Hwy, Highfields
Check more info, itineraries, accommodation options and more at tcof.com.au