It’s the new big ship with everything – even a world famous “Well being adviser”.
Celebrity Beyond isn’t launching until 2022 – but already she’s established a reputation for designer chic interiors, Chef Daniel Boulud’s first restaurant at sea and, yes, Gwyneth Paltrow’s “modern lifestyle brand”.
The actress and entrepreneur said: “At goop, our curiosity leads us to explore different approaches to wellbeing and sends us around the world, reporting on the best places to eat, drink, engage, and unwind.
“Near the nexus of these interests, we came across Celebrity’s mission to disrupt the traditional notion of being well-travelled. As Celebrity’s new wellbeing advisor, I’ll be working with my team at goop to bring onboard some of our favourite practices and tools for deepening wellbeing and joy.”
It wasn’t clear if Ms Paltrow’s team will be handing out the goop vibrators currently on sale on her site, but all AquaClass guests across the entire Celebrity Cruises fleet will be treated to onboard wellness offerings, including fitness kits aimed at enhancing self-care and collective wellbeing. Paltrow and her team at goop will also curate onboard wellness programming and participate in the line’s new Women in Wellness initiative.
For the technically minded, Beyond carries 3,260 passengers and weighs in at 140,600 tonnes. Set to make its debut April 27, 2022 with a sailing from Southampton, England, the 1,073-foot-long vessel has 1,646 staterooms. The main deck is expanded by 40% in comparison to the Beyond’s sister ships in the Edge Series..
She packs in a lot of features, thanks to a team of modern “lifestyle designers”.
- The Retreat, exclusive resort-within-a-resort area for suite guests, highlighted by a new two-storey sundeck
- Accommodation from modern two-storey villas with private plunge pools to staterooms with infinite verandas
- An expanded Rooftop Garden and Resort Deck featuring unique cantilevered float pools
- A multi-level, multi-terraced Sunset Bar redefining the ship’s aft
- A first-ever Daniel Boulud fine-dining restaurant at sea
- A boldly redesigned Grand Plaza spanning three decks, creating an airy and open indoor space
- The return of the Magic Carpet, an engineering feat soaring cantilevered above the sea, offering guests uninterrupted vistas while sipping cocktails or having dinner.
“We have challenged the status quo with a vessel that goes beyond expectations, beyond imagination,” said Ms Lutoff-Perlo. “Celebrity Beyond shatters any and every preconceived notion of the cruising experience.”
Celebrity Beyond will depart on her maiden voyage on 27 April, 2022 from Southampton, England, on a 10-night Western Europe cruise visiting Bordeaux, France; Lisbon, Portugal; and Seville, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca and Barcelona, Spain.
She will then offer a variety of Mediterranean journeys including nine-night Italian Riviera and France itineraries and 10-night Greek Isles itineraries through early October, when she then heads to the Caribbean. Voyages are on sale as of 29 April, 2021 For more information on all of Celebrity Beyond’s inaugural 2022-2023 sailings, visit celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-beyond.